Happy Journey!

Whenever I travel through a car with family via an open wide road having flat green fields on either side, I just can't help myself but think. I have always said that life is a journey and its not just a line for me, I actually believe it in every sense possible. And I want to have the maximum of this journey. Thank God, I have stopped throwing philosophies at every point or may be I haven't much got chance in recent times :P Though my philosophies are usually good  and the timing is usually appropriate. :D
Today actually two strange things happened:
a) I don't usually go with my family. After 2012, I stay away from it, kind of. And, that has actually made me more grateful to the trips that I agree to make with them. However, today was unusual. I just agreed to go for no reason and turned out that I actually had a role to play. Though main plan was something else, I on the way convinced my parents to make an additional visit to some place else and actually that turned out to be more important.
b) I was practically wanting to go on a road-trip after watching songs of Highway but I didn't know that we were actually be passing through a picturesque road side. Moreover, I actually kind of, over-looked a place that I had once seen in my dreams once. I saw the place through the window of the car and then, my brother parked just there as there is a temple besides it where we had to meet some people. What makes it more interesting is that I don't usually visit temples. Not that I don't believe in God but I just don't much go. So, its kind of interesting.

All through the journey, I kept on thinking and wanting to write. I kept on wishing it to be a trip with friends. I kept on creating posts in my mind and wishing I had a laptop with me. I kept on looking at the picturesque sceneries through the window, wide roads ahead, green fields on the side and the changing color of skies and I kept wishing I had a camera with me. And I kept thinking how life is a journey and all the things that happened so far and kept on wishing for a companion to look into my mind, to see through my eyes and to feel what I felt in last years. 

I kept thinking of Divergent and drew parallels from my life. Divergent is a book that will probably stay with me for life not only because its wonderful but also because how easy is it to talk with reference to it. I kept on thinking about the abnegation-amity-muggles family I have and how difficult it becomes when you too can't conform to one and have all the traits & desires of Dauntless, Candours, Erudite, Abnegation & Amity. And how difficult it becomes when you don't have a mentor like Four. And how difficult it is to live like a factionless with all the judgements thrown at being factionless. I wondered if Tris would have done things without Four, without an understanding companion. And whether Four would have made it without his mentor. I kept on thinking about Four and the similarities I feel with him. I kept on thinking what if there was no particular time of choosing ceremony or worse , if there was no particular choosing ceremony at all. What if they didn't even know that there is indeed a choosing ceremony.

And, I also kept thinking about the fact that isn't it a fact that stories only become meaningful with a reader who can understand and who can connect with it. Would every move the character make, every struggle the character goes through, every emotion the character shares and every conflict the character feels & every decision a character makes has its importance intact because it is being shared and understood. A book gets a life by its reader. Couldn't every story be told in one- two lines if only the moral or ending or conclusion was important! The journey is important. The journey is worth telling. Is it the reason we all are here in this blogging world? Are we self obsessed individuals or lone wolves? Am I writing that someday I would show my kids my journey? Would they even be interested and would I even want them to? What about the sometimes-important-sometimes-trivial turning points & decisions, conflicts that I don't even write about. The days happening in between. The events that leads me to this blog finally. Would it even represent my journey? What about the things unsaid, things that only are in my mind & soul, events that only happen. But I guess, I wouldn't want that. But, what about the pictures I don't have of my growing up years...



The biggest pachka of my life is whenever I go to an awesome place where I feel like capturing photos, my camera is usually idling at home. Whenever I would want to write, I'd not have a pen or paper. And, whenever something good happens, usually there's no one who understands how happy I am and why? Dude! I was thrilled at certain places today and all I could do, finally when I had to vent out the weird awesomeness & esctasy I sometimes feel at unusual places, I started to sing. Hehe :P Here are the songs:
Dharti Sunehari- I just had to sing this song more because at certain places I read directions in Punjabi. God, I just can't do without Punjabi Songs. I feel a strange affinity to them.
And Then I practically remembered some visuals from Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara while humming its songs and dude, I just have to on trip like that :| 
And I hummed breakin' free from HSM, a song I love from my teenage years. 


PS- I am feeling sleepy now. But I just had to write. I'll complete my feelings for Divergent in the posts to come. Till then, Bye! Happy Journey! :D
PPS- I really don't have any memorabilia or gifts or things that have paved way to my heart. God I am so scared about a few things since last two-three years. I am going crazy over some trivial things... urghhh.. Bye! Final wala.

Comments

  1. Super Awesome, post! Hats off! And you are not alone, in the biggest pachka moment, i'M WITH YOU IN IT! :P

    Awesome, stuff! It couldn't have been better than this! :) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hardly a trivial thing! ;) Loved this post. Your thoughts and the way you've expressed them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.. :-) I'd like to hear what you have to say. I hope you have something nice! :-) Feel free to leave *long* comments :)

Popular posts from this blog

For Love (Or Not) Of Books...

I write because....

A soft touch!!