2016 approaching!!!

Once again I would say...
It's been long since I was last here. I repeat myself a lot many times, no? Anyway I shouldn't be asking questions here as this blog has gone redundant and no one's going to get a notification of this post being posted unless I specifically ask some friends to read it and probably throw a comment too. So what made me come here today? Well, it's 2016. Yes, a things-to-do-in-2016 kind of a list. Though I never make resolutions and even when I do I know I am not gonna follow. But this time, it's different. This time, I know I am gonna follow. You think not, well wait & watch! Lame question once again, no one's gonna read probably.
Anyway, I am thinking should I start with the list right away or I should first properly write the reasons why I think this time I will follow it!
*Thinking*
*Decided*
Reasons first!
Yup you knew it already. (Not lame this time. I will force some friends to read this piece. Yay! I am not talking to myself! :-) )
Okay so basically it's an OCD. Yes, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Because I am obsessed with my journey as a human being. And being determined, or hard-working, or decisive are definitely milestones for someone like me, so I have to have something that captures how and when did I become so, and this post will serve that purpose. As it's been doing for long, though in partly. But then, something is better than nothing.  
Finally understood this! :)
So basically since I have started with this job (though it's no-where close to any dream job) I am actually a lot more confident, surer, more determined and persistent. Not just at work-place, but also otherwise. You know, in other aspects of life, like getting up, cooking, meeting friends and going on about life in general.
I am not acting on impulses anymore. No, I am not denying my gut-feelings but yes, no more impulsive decisions- big or small! So this time a list might go handy. Also, I guess I am mature enough to not include stupidities!



Okay-- the main list now!

1) Recontacting all the people I have been thinking for a while now, those I already have and those I haven't. This year itself. And preferably in the first half itself.
And must write to the few people I have been thinking to write. It needs to be done asap. And probably to some others too, if I feel like.
2) Cooking: 2015 has seen me turning into a good cook and I realise that my anticipation of me proving to be a good cook as and when I would be cooking turned out as completely true. I am good at that. Not the rotis & paranthaas though, but quite good at other dishes. I plan to learn a lot more. Can't quantify it, but hopefully cook at least thrice a week.
Hopefully tick mark on some calendar the days on which I cook. And also list down the new recipes I learn. So that by the end of 2016, I can see how much I accomplished.
Shall I quantify? Be really good at 25 recipes at least.
3) Now this I am just hopeful of but not certain. - be done with the may attempt!!!
4) Read 20 books. I planned to read 12 this year. Next year must be at least 20. Considering that I have a job, this seems to be a decent number. Also quality matters and not the quantity, right? ;-) 
5) Complete the book I am working on. Hopefully take up some small internship in a publishing house, no matter what I have to do in the current workplace but I have to convince them to let me do it if I am indeed offered an internship somewhere.
6) Take up Yoga. Seriously. Either on weekends only but preferably everyday. In. The. Morning.
7) Donate all the clothes I have stopped wearing. Doesn't matter to whom! Just donate. And some books too!!!
8) Pray to God Almighty! Every Morning, first thing! And make my bed too. I just leave it as it is for mom to clean it after I leave. ;-/ *This Needs To Change*

and follow some points from this list too. Awesome things to do!




So, Happy New Year folks :-D

Comments

  1. Priya!
    I am glad I am tge first one to comment :P

    I love reading you, for the simple reason that we are so alike :D
    As usual, I have no resolutions this year..I am too lazy for them. But yours, for a change are considerable. Hehe.
    I reeeally hope you sail through them, and then we'll have a party :P
    Your book? Please give me a teeny mention somewhere in Acknowledgement? :P

    Love
    Have a lovely year ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome yrr, I must say you are a future in the field of writing:)
    Very inspiring post.
    From last couple of years I was not making any resolutions as I know I am not gonna fulfill them but after reading this I think I should rethink over my decision of not making resolutions.
    Hope you accomplish your 2016 list :) good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.. :-) I'd like to hear what you have to say. I hope you have something nice! :-) Feel free to leave *long* comments :)

Popular posts from this blog

For Love (Or Not) Of Books...

I write because....

A soft touch!!