Once Upon A Time...

Once upon a time
I had dreams...
Dreams of everything
I could ever be...
I was young, very young
So young that I actually lived my dreams...
In dreams ofcourse!
Thinking that they
Might come true one day...
My dreams were of dance...
Dancing from the heart
Performing on stage
For so long and to an extent
That everyone gets up and applaud
And say my name
Not with contempt
But with love...
My dreams were of mathematics...
Of problem solving!
Believing firmly
That one day
I would solve it all...
My dreams were of English
To have that command over language
To speak like a pro...
Hoping that one day
I'll communicate exactly what I mean...
My dreams were of academics
To clear CA in one go
Wishing everyone to go 'awww'
Over my success...
My dreams were of love
Of love & romance
Exactly like those in fairy tales...
Dreams of a soulmate...
Convinced, I was
That someone would actually turn up someday
And relieve me...
Once upon a time
I had dreams...
Dreams of everything
I could ever be...

Comments

  1. When I say this I am not at all trying to be philosophical, but not all our dreams come true. And I say this 'cause my experience mirrors yours.
    I too had used to dream with open eyes that I'd one day dance with all my glory, doing oh so gracious steps, and then gradually I came to know I am bad with remembering steps. I just couldn't help myself with that. And thus I stuck to mad dancing. And know what, I enjoy that :)

    We harbour many many dreams...why you know? Because I type clings to hope that many lives that inspires us. And there is nothing bad in that.
    I am sure there is at least one thing in you that you every effortlessly excel at, and others just dream to do. :)

    Much love :*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.. :-) I'd like to hear what you have to say. I hope you have something nice! :-) Feel free to leave *long* comments :)

Popular posts from this blog

For Love (Or Not) Of Books...

I write because....

Words that were not said, but understood!!!