Shoe Laces

*FICTION*



‘Hi’ Nandita greeted Sanjay as she came home.

“God these shoe laces!” .He said without actually responding to Nandita and continued, “You know, every 10 minutes or so, I had to kept tying and re-tying them. How do people wear sport shoes?”

For a moment Nandita was surprised at him. How could he think of laces at a time like this?

“Sanjay… Dhruv these days…”

“Dhruv … where is he?” interrupted Sanjay”. I had been thinking of him all through the way”.

“Yeah… I too was…”

“He is my son. Yet he is pretty good with these shoe-laces” he interrupted her once again.

This time Nandita was about to lose her temper as he continued “You taught him right, didn’t you?”

“Yes … He is your son. Do you even know…....”

“Five minutes, Nandita… Let me just have a shower”. This time she barely controlled her anger. How could he be so casual, she thought to herself.

“Towel…” He shouted from the bathroom. As Nandita handed him the towel, he continued “Dinner’s ready? And came out.

“Yes… but Sanjay.....”

“Yeah, One second”, as he again looked at his shoes “You taught him, right, Teach me too. Pleaasee” This was attempted with humour. “You prepare the table… I’ll try it once again” And he grabbed the shoes once again.

She stood there, not exactly stunned, her lips pressed, eyes growing wider, clenching her fists tighter as she kept seeing him doing his shoe laces.



(c)2013 Priyaa Arora
Image Courtesy: Google
Like my page On Facebook HERE

Comments

  1. Haha! Nice one. The way "suspense" was created as to what about Dhruv she really wanted to say, it's great! I was expecting some sort of revelation, though. Still, it is a simple piece on shoe laces, fun stuff! :P :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to write a <600 words fiction....So dint go further....may be I l continue a scene from here..hehe..Thanks anyways :-) :-)

      Delete
  2. Not being heard creates a tension in marriage. He may think he is listening to her when in fact he may do the opposite. Instead of nagging, she should try other ways for him to listen to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it does. U must be knowing better :P :P

      Delete
  3. Oh, I expected something more about Dhruv in the end. And since I didn't get what I expected, I'll wait for a sequel :P

    Nice topic though. And I liked your style of writing, so I think I am going to read more of your fiction waali posts now. ;)
    Keep Writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm..Now that both U and Ashna have said it, I ll surely think abt a sequel :-)
      aah..I would love to have you as a reader..I'll surely reciprocate too :-) :-)

      Delete
  4. Haha..!! this is the 2nd time i've read someone's blog.. This was all fun stuff, i really loved it.. Simple humorous implication on Shoe Laces.. :D :D

    nd i can say, that I wud really love to read more fiction posts from you..
    Keep Writing, Keep Smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, the comment got overlooked. Sorry!
      Glad you liked the fun stuff! :) :)

      & considering the date of comment is april 26, I would take this as an opportunity to thank you to bless me with your "keep writing - Keep smiling" wali wishes! :)
      Thanks a lot! :) :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.. :-) I'd like to hear what you have to say. I hope you have something nice! :-) Feel free to leave *long* comments :)

Popular posts from this blog

For Love (Or Not) Of Books...

I write because....

Words that were not said, but understood!!!