Emptiness......


Scribbled this poem around 2 yrs back.  …sharing it now J

Emptiness

The Day comes,
And the night Knocks
Alone I sit, listening
To the sound of the clock
Witnessing the Emptiness
Of every single second & waiting
For it to pass & hoping
That the next one that will come
Would be a moment of joy and fun!

But never does it happen
And every tickling of the pendulum
Adds an hour more of loneliness,
An hour more of boredom,
Giving me some more pain
And rendering me the same,
Waiting for it over again,
That perhaps the next one to come
Would be a moment of joy and fun.


And the day ends.
Once again I see that I spent
A day more of empty moments.
What a terrible Bore!
My heart torments.
But still waiting
For the next to come.
Again hoping
It will bring some joy
Again hoping
It will bring some fun.


 ©2012 Priyaa Arora

PS- Each word you read is exactly how I felt those days.
Like my page On Facebook HERE

Comments

  1. Very well expressed. As Mother Teresa said "the most terrible poverty is loneliness".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written , Loved this piece of poetry !

    ReplyDelete
  3. SG: Thank you :-) yes it is indeed.
    Rhul Miglani: Thank you :-)
    Rahul Bhatia: Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah! Could relate to this!! Happens to all of us sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happens to all of us these empty days....It hurts when they last longer than normal....Glad u liked it :-)

      Delete
  5. hmmmm...if you thought about a poem when you were bored..Not a bad investment ;)..Write more on this..


    ~Madhur
    http://madhurchadha.com/2012/03/14/gurgaon-8-pm-rape/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my state of mind for near about two full years...I still remember the day when I had scribbled this poem, I literally asked myself: what has happened to you Priya?
      I hadn't written, drawn or danced a single time in 2 yrs...

      Delete
  6. A very nice poem Priya. Sometimes, you just hope for these moments to pass, for the loneliness to end but the time seems to get stuck at a point and it hurts like hell.
    But surely, like all things bad, it comes to an end making the hopes come true. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the hopes do come true!! :-)
      Yes, It hurts like hell. And sometimes U dont even know what its doing to you. u r sort of Numb and when U realize it later, its a very bad feeling!
      Thanks for liking it and a very nice comment :-)
      Welcome to Happy moments :-) :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.. :-) I'd like to hear what you have to say. I hope you have something nice! :-) Feel free to leave *long* comments :)

Popular posts from this blog

For Love (Or Not) Of Books...

I write because....

Words that were not said, but understood!!!