Teen-age Blues!!




I am hell of an insomniac…..mere 4 5 days off from the work, the routine is gone, body clock is disturbed and mind starts wandering…..However this time, thanks to a shift of room ( yes, my family has finally understood that a 21 yrs old girl is a grown up and needs a separate room…thank you God J )and this blog, that sleepless nights are not spent on futile thinking.

Tonight, I just opened an old diary I used to maintain earlier to write poems (from class 8th to class 12th). I am smiling at some of the stupid poems I had scribbled, perfectly rhyming and with no meaning.
No actually it’s not devoid of meaning but somehow the incidents I remember which had inspired me to write sounds so childish that I want to laugh. 
 Any ways here is the poem.

Teenage Blues!!

Hey! I want a change.
But things have gone beyond my range
But still I know I can change it.
And I think I can face it.
I can do what I feel like my duty,
What I can do on my part.
But still there is
An aversion to it in my heart.
I fear if I’ll get a positive response really.
And it doesn’t mean they do my say,
Just whatever they do, Do it whole-Heartedly.
But I fear that tomorrow will not be like today.
Of course the season will change,
And the wind might blow the other way.
And what I feel like doing today,
Will it be apt for tomorrow?
Come on God!! Please say.

Yes. I really expected God to answer me. :-D

©2012 Priyaa Arora

Like my page On Facebook HERE

Comments

  1. Hello Priyaa,
    I think you did a great job, its a lovely poem. I always envy people who could write rhyming poems, they sound so good when read :D
    You had one diary from 8th to 12th? wow th iats incredible considering i kept changing diaries every 6 months :P Hehehe
    P.S.- Am your first follower :D Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Swarnali :-)
      huge thanks for following my blog, you are also the 1st person to comment on this poem....I had full faith no body will ever leave a positive word on this ;-)

      and I was very Unoganized...I used to write small rhymes on back of notebooks, books etc..I too wish I had lots of diaries..:-)
      Ps- I also subscribed to your blog but through email...:-)

      Delete
    2. Aww this is a lovely poem, my dear. Its not a necessity to follow my blog back, do so only if you like my content. :) And email followers aren't notified to me :P
      And the diary part...I kept losing my diaries all the time, so had to get new ones, hehehe :P

      Delete
    3. My dear,i subscribed right after my 1st visit to ur blog coz i really liked it :-) I didn't just followed back :-) :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.. :-) I'd like to hear what you have to say. I hope you have something nice! :-) Feel free to leave *long* comments :)

Popular posts from this blog

For Love (Or Not) Of Books...

I write because....

Words that were not said, but understood!!!