A soft touch!!

Before today, It had never happened to me. Just yesterday I was tired, little upset (for a silly reason), had a bit of pain in my legs n back ( because of dance classes) and just couldn't sleep till it was 2:30. I was reading Harry Potter #3 but the sad part is this is the only harry potter movie I have watched many times so wasn't able to enjoy it properly :-/ . ( Some of you might be wondering over it but its good you know that I haven't seen them properly. I can read all the parts enjoying them to the fullest!! )


At 5:30 am or nearby, My phone rang. It was a fitful sleep already, so I woke up almost immediately. It was my  jiju (brother-in-law) on the other side, announcing so darn happily over phone,"Congratulations jee, aap maasi bann gye ho!! :D" (Congratulations, You have become an aunt). My sister (cousin) gave birth to baby boy and I was happy beyond limits. He's the first one next generation actually. I told my mother, congratulated the new mom n my jiju and the first thing in the morning I did was to tell my brother the same and that I want to go n see her then n there. I wanted to see how a one-day old baby looks like. Ofcourse I wanted to see my sister but I must admit that I was more excited to see the baby.


Oh the baby!! Soft, Delicate, tender n the cute way he yawned.! Can't just tell you how i felt. When I took him in my hands it was such a ........uh! I dont have words. It was like a bundle of soft cloth with button eyes n rosy lips. I gave him back after just 5 minutes coz I thought I might not be able to handle him. I couldn't hold such a delicate thing in my hands. When we helped him onto the bed I kept playing with him. His head was so soft n such smooth hair, it was a bliss to touch them. His so small hands n legs were so cute. and I am presuming its the way with all infants, U place a finger on his palm and he'll clutch it sooo tightly that u'll be amazed.



It was so nice to see him today.



Tiny li'l palms, button eyes
Oh! the way he yawned n then smiled.
serenity, innocence,
Purity n no pretense.
Oh! why do we grow up?

Why can't it always be
A soft touch! A feather touch!!





Like my page On Facebook HERE

Comments

  1. :D Congratulations on becoming a new new maasi! :D
    Babies are definitely a delight to hold. Very nice (and innocently cute) lines... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Priya :) Now you have someone to pamper and spoil :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! :)

    and, btw, nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another addition to the family tree, congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is khushi ke mauke pe Ek bade waala Aawwwwwww... ho jaye :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heartiest congratulations and indeed a good post. loved the poem especially. When I had held my son just a few minutes old I was also so overwhelmed by his tiny hands and feet. Even today I remember him as that tiny baby boy who came into our world and blessed us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Thank you :-) I too was overwhelmed at the first sight of my nephew really :-)
      God Bless you n your son!!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations maasi ji

    ReplyDelete
  8. really nice :) keep up the gr8 work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! What a feeling no? :)

    Wonderful ending lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...babies are so delicate to touch and its a very nice feeling :)
      Thank you :) :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.. :-) I'd like to hear what you have to say. I hope you have something nice! :-) Feel free to leave *long* comments :)

Popular posts from this blog

For Love (Or Not) Of Books...

I write because....

Words that were not said, but understood!!!