A Vague Connection

And here I thought I was done with blogging. Perhaps not!
Anyway...
I sometimes make vague connections between things. Sometimes, they prove to be right, sometimes, it shows that I am delusional and should probably give my mind some rest. Whatever! I need to pen down a vague connection that I made long back but it's coming back to me over & over and I think I should share it here. It would anyway wake my blog up from its slumber.
Okay, so many people know that I love 'Looking For Alaska' by John Green. I love his other works too and have followed his interviews, talks and FB page quite closely for sometime. I have seen the books he has read which includes 'The Catcher In The Rye' too. I suspect, judging by his choices from the list of books he had once shared, that he has surely read 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower' by Stephen Chbosky too. There is an instance in the book 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower' where the protagonist Charlie recalls his aunt's death. I share the exact lines from the book: 


My aunt Helen was in a terrible car accident. It was very snowy. The policeman told my mom that my aunt Helen had passed away. He was a very nice man because when my mom started crying, he had said that it was a very bad accident, and my aunt Helen was definitely killed instantly. In other words, there was no pain. There was no pain anymore.

And, then there are my favourite lines from the book 'Looking For Alaska'. I'll share them again here:

And what is this "instant" death anyway? How long is an instant? Is it one second? Ten? The pain of those seconds must have been awful as her heart burst and her lungs collapsed and there was no air and only raw panic. What the hell is this instant? Nothing is instant. Instant rice takes five minutes, instant pudding an hour. I doubt than an instant of blinding pain feels particularly instantaneous.


I feel subconsciously (or may be consciously) John Green has shares his feelings about the above lines from The Perks of Being A Wallflower. Or may be I am just delusional. I read The Perks of Being A Wallflower way after Looking For Alaska, by the way!
                               

What do you think? Do tell me using the comment box below. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Love (Or Not) Of Books...

I write because....

A soft touch!!